sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Women who do not see the Imam, but they hear his Takbir

Go down

The Women who do not see the Imam, but they hear his Takbir Empty The Women who do not see the Imam, but they hear his Takbir

Post by Clare Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:36 am

Question:
We have a masjid, and on the northern side of it there is some fenced land that is attached to the Masjid. We would like to designate this area for the women to offer prayers during Ramadhan. Is that permissible, knowing that they would not see the imam and they would only be following him by the microphone?

Answer:
Concerning the correctness of their prayer on the mentioned land, there is a difference of opinion among the scholars. If they do not see the imam or those who are behind him, and they only hear the Takbir (his saying Allahu Akbar'), it is safer for them not to offer the prayer on the mentioned land. Rather, they should offer prayer in their homes until they find a place in the Masjid behind those (men) who are offering prayer, or another place outside of the Masjid from which they can see the Imam or some of those (men) who are being led in the prayer.
Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz

Source http://www.fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=883
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 625
Comments : CLEANING + TIDYING = HAPPY HUSBAND
=>
HUGS + ATTENTION = HAPPY WIFE
Job/hobbies : Arts and crafts
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down