sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sighing - the islamic point of view??

Go down

Sighing - the islamic point of view?? Empty Sighing - the islamic point of view??

Post by Admin Thu May 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Asalam alaikom sisters

Insha Allah I'll send this to the Sheikh but would be interested if anyone could shed some light for me.

dh says that islamically it is wrong to sigh.

I am always sighing. It's something I've always done since childhood.

My mother used to quote Shakespeare at me for sighing "Sigh no more, ladies, Sigh no more, men were deceivers ever, one foot on ship, one on shore, to either constant never!"

I know we are supposed to cover our mouths when we yawn, but what's the story with sighing? Is this from Islam or from my dh's culture?
Carima
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 634
Comments : Where is Allah? Who was Muhammed? What is your book?

Back to top Go down

Sighing - the islamic point of view?? Empty ANSWER FROM SHEIKH

Post by Admin Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 am

I know of no specific ruling on sighing, but it comes down to what caused it. A person might sigh for a number of reasons.
For example, if a person sighs because of a duty he/she has to do in Islam, this reflects a bad attitude and if it comes from dislike of the teachings of Islam, it means a person is in a very dangerous situation as regards his faith.
A person might sigh because they are annoyed or harmed by something or someone. In this case it comes down to how patient that person should be and whether or not the person’s expression and reaction indicates a lack of patience or acceptance of Allâh’s Decree and so there is a link here to the issue of patience and suffering of what we are tested with. If sighing is a sign of impatience or ingratitude to Allah, it should be avoided and a person should train themselves to minimize it.
Another dynamic is one of custom and culture. In some cultures, it is not the done thing to sigh or be very expressive, or it might be considered rude etc. If there is a difference between you and your husband’s interpretation of your expressions then both of you should try to understand the nuances of habit and culture, and be tolerant with each other. Perhaps discussing the possible misinterpretations with him will help.
Allah knows best.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 634
Comments : Where is Allah? Who was Muhammed? What is your book?

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum