sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramadan hadith. A general picture of Ramadan and its meaning

Go down

Ramadan hadith. A general picture of Ramadan and its meaning Empty Ramadan hadith. A general picture of Ramadan and its meaning

Post by Clare Wed May 02, 2012 10:34 pm

The Prophet (may Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) also said to the Sahabah (Companions of the Prophet): Ramadan came to you as a month of blessings in which Allah showers His Mercy upon you, obliterates sins from your records,
and responds to supplications - so show good deeds to Allah as the deprived person is the one who is deprived of Allah's Mercy. The meaning of So show good deeds to Allah is to hasten to do good deeds, obey Him, and refrain from misdeeds.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) stated: Whoever fasts the month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his past sins will be forgiven; and whoever observes the Night Prayer during Ramadan, because of faith and seeking his reward from Allah, his previous sins will be forgiven; and whoever stands in the prayer on the Laylat-ul-Qadr (the Night of Decree) out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven." Bukari and Muslim

The Prophet (may Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) also says: Allah (the Exalted) states: "Every act of the son of Adam is for him; every good deed is multiplied from ten to seven hundred times except for fasting, for it is exclusively for Me and it is I who give reward for it. A fasting person leaves his desire, food, and drink for My sake; thus a fasting person has two joyful occasions: One when he breaks his fast, and another when he meets His Lord. Indeed, the unpleasant odor of the mouth of the fasting person is better, in the sight of Allah, than the smell of musk.''

The Prophet (may Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) also says:
On a day that anyone of you is fasting, he should neither indulge in obscene language, nor raise his voice. If anyone abuses him or tries to fight with him, he should say: 'I am fasting'. Also, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) stated, "Whoever does not give up false statements (i.e. telling lies), and evil deeds, and speaking bad words to others, Allah is not in need of his (fasting) leaving his food and drink." Related by Al-Bukhari in his Sahih.

Taken from http://www.alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaSubjects.aspx?View=Page&&NodeID=956&PageID=2739&SectionID=14&SubjectPageTitlesID=100266&MarkIndex=4&0#Toreceivethisgreatmonthwith
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 625
Comments : CLEANING + TIDYING = HAPPY HUSBAND
=>
HUGS + ATTENTION = HAPPY WIFE
Job/hobbies : Arts and crafts
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Ramadan hadith. A general picture of Ramadan and its meaning Empty Sheikh ibn Baz on preparing for and welcoming Ramadan

Post by Clare Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 pm

"...I advise all Muslims to fear Allah and protect their fasting from all misdeeds. They should do their best to do good deeds and compete in giving more alms. Recite the Qur'an as much as possible, pronounce more Tasbih (saying: "Subhan Allah [Glory be to Allah]"), Tahlil (saying: "La ilaha illa Allah [There is no god except Allah]"), Tahmid (saying: "Al-hamdu lillah [All praise is due to Allah]"), Takbir (saying: "Allahu Akbar [Allah is the Greatest]") and Istighfar (seeking forgiveness from Allah), as this is the month of the Qur'an: The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur’ân
It is prescribed for believers to do their best in reciting the Qur'an throughout the day and night. By articulating every letter of the Qur'an, a good deed is added to one's record and a good deed is multiplied ten times as the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) stated. They should also keep away from doing all misdeeds or sins, advise one another to the right, and enjoin the good and forbid the evil.
This is a great month in which deeds are multiplied and sins are weightier. Hence, believers should do their best to fulfill what Allah has made obligatory, keep away from what Allah forbids, and pay more attention in Ramadan. They should also do their best to do good deeds such as giving charity, visiting the sick, attending funerals, strengthening the ties of kinship, reciting the Qur'an as much as possible, reciting more Tasbih (saying: "Subhan Allah [Glory be to Allah]"), Tahlil (saying: "La ilaha illa Allah [There is no god except Allah]"), Tahmid (saying: "Al-hamdu lillah [All praise is due to Allah]"), Takbir (saying: "Allahu Akbar [Allah is the Greatest]"), Istighfar (seeking forgiveness from Allah), supplications, and other good deeds expecting Allah's Reward and fearing His Punishment.

May Allah guide Muslims to what pleases Him and make us and all Muslims fast it and offer night prayer believing in Allah and expecting His Reward. May Allah make us and all Muslims comprehend the Din, keep fast to it, and to be away from the causes of His Wrath and Punishment. I also ask Allah (Glorified be He) to guide all Muslim leaders and rulers and improve their status and guide them to judge by the Islamic law in all matters of worship, work and all affairs. May Allah guide them to this,..."

taken from http://www.alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaSubjects.aspx?View=Page&&NodeID=956&PageID=2739&SectionID=14&SubjectPageTitlesID=100266&MarkIndex=4&0#Toreceivethisgreatmonthwith
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 625
Comments : CLEANING + TIDYING = HAPPY HUSBAND
=>
HUGS + ATTENTION = HAPPY WIFE
Job/hobbies : Arts and crafts
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down