sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first time trying to pray alone

4 posters

Go down

My first time trying to pray alone Empty My first time trying to pray alone

Post by Clare Fri May 14, 2010 6:26 pm

Asalam alaikom sisters

I was wondering what it was like for you the first time you tried to pray alone? It is easy in a group - you just copy everyone else.

I remember the first time I tried to pray Dhuhr prayer (which now takes me about 6 minutes). I kept having to check the book to see what movements to do, and then to read the tongue twisters of Arabic Transilteration. Eventuallly after 2 hours I still hadn't got it done, and gave up in tears, and rang one of the sisters who was knowledgeable, who couldn't help laughing at me, but Arabic is her language, not mine.

Alhamdililah we reverts get rewarded twice - once for practising as Christians and then for embracing Islam. Subhan Allah. And all our sins are forgiven when we embrace Islam. Truly Allah is so merciful.

Clare
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 625
Comments : CLEANING + TIDYING = HAPPY HUSBAND
=>
HUGS + ATTENTION = HAPPY WIFE
Job/hobbies : Arts and crafts
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

My first time trying to pray alone Empty Re: My first time trying to pray alone

Post by shahada Fri May 14, 2010 9:26 pm

wasalam clair

i remember when i first started praying i had made a mistake in the prayer and wasnt sure how too rectafye it so i rang my husband in work for advise,he had just popped out and his friend answered the phone,in a panic i told the friend that i had made a mistake in my prayers and was there any way of fixing it,the friend tryed too tell me what too do but its not easy too explain over the phone.ahh brings back memorys mashalah but i wouldnt dare talk too a man noadays but at leaste it was for a good reason.
shahada
shahada

Female Posts : 366
Comments : islam is perfect,muslims are not
Job/hobbies : hw
Hajj : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by shahada Fri May 14, 2010 9:30 pm

and what about the first time you did wudu lol,i would sometimes forget the order and did i do 3times or 2 etc
and what about the prayers forgetting what racka you are on.alhamdulla we have come a long way.
shahada
shahada

Back to top Go down

Post by Clare Fri May 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Salam alaikom

I still get confused, did I do this or that in Wudhu, even though I always try to follow the Sunnah, and I still get confused at what rakka I'm on and I get stuck in a repeated loop doing it over and over, until I eventually decide I'm too tired and if I got it wrong make the 2 sujoods of forgetfulness and hope that Allah will still accept my prayers and that He forgives my mistakes.

How long are you muslim Shahada? Did you put your story in with the others yet? It's nice to read about how others found their way to where we all are today.

Clare
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

=>
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Post by SAMIRA Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Salam Alaikum Sisters,

Can anyone kindly share any proper websites they might give more information on how to perform Salaah?? I have found one but i suppose i would probably like someone elses opinion of it. www.muslimconverts.com is the particular website. I am also using a book which i received from a good friend, but i find myself confused between the two. The salah from the website seems to be longer than whats in the book. Maybe the book just gives the main basics, where as perhaps the website seems longer because it is broken down into the 5 different prayertimes, and all the rackas.
I really want to start to perform salaah but dont want to find out at a later stage that i've been doing it all wrong!!!!!

I had another question that i also wanted to ask but its gone out of my head, Im sure i'll be back on when it comes back to me!

Samira
SAMIRA
SAMIRA

Female Posts : 82
Job/hobbies : book-keeper/payroll clerk. Love art/photography/crafts
Hajj : not yet

Back to top Go down

Post by shahada Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:58 pm

mashalah congratulations on decieding too pray
inshalah you will find it easy
when i first started praying i had too pray with my husband or my sister in law for the first few weeks.sometimes i would wait till my husband came home from work and he would re pray the days prayers with me.
i found it helpfull to have the book near by and read quietly from it and after a couple of weeks or even less i would find i remembered what i have too say.
im sorry i cant be of much help as its hard too explain ,do you have anyone that can pray with you at the start and you just follow them?
and dont forget if you make any mistakes allah will perfect it for you,like if you say the words wrong unintentionally all will write it down for you corrected subhanalah.
dont worry too much about every aspect as you are learning and it comes gradually inshalah allah makes it easy for you
sorry im not of much help just wanted too reply and say well done,you take me back.x
shahada
shahada

Back to top Go down

Post by SAMIRA Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Salam,

I have my husband that i could pray with and help me but to be honest i rather try to learn with out him, dont ask me why!!!! I dont think its him, i think its just something that id rather try to do by myself, and then prehaps when im more confident in what im doing inshalah then i will be more comfortable in praying alongside him.

Plus, in order for me to learn things, understand things, i need to be able to see it in front of me in paper, that way i can keep going back on it.

Im not worried about learning the actions or pronounciations, my main worry is the actual prayer, the verses. Im afraid incase i say the wrong prayer or something like that. Im just confused about it thats all. Inshalah it will come to me eventually.

Thanks for your reply.
SAMIRA
SAMIRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Presious Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04 pm

My first time trying to pray alone Assala58

The Abridgement of the Prophet's (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) Prayer Decsribed -by Shaik Nasiruddin Albanee

http://abdurrahman.org/salah/prophetswayofprayer.pdf

You will definately learn form this book as i did, one of the best and the most authentic book around when it comes to the prayer and closest to the Sunnah Inshaa Allah Ta'alaa.
Presious
Presious

Female Posts : 72
Job/hobbies : Seeking Knowledge
Hajj : Geat sence of humour

Back to top Go down

Post by SAMIRA Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:36 am

Salam Presious,
I jsut saved that and will take a look at it this evening when i get home.

Thank you

Wasalam
SAMIRA
SAMIRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Presious Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:23 am

Wa Alaikum Asalam,

You are very welcome Samira My first time trying to pray alone Icon_smile
Presious
Presious

Female Posts : 72
Job/hobbies : Seeking Knowledge
Hajj : Geat sence of humour

Back to top Go down

Post by SAMIRA Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 am

your helping me lots today, thank you, it is very much appreciated.
SAMIRA
SAMIRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Clare Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Presious wrote:My first time trying to pray alone Assala58

The Abridgement of the Prophet's (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) Prayer Decsribed -by Shaik Nasiruddin Albanee

http://abdurrahman.org/salah/prophetswayofprayer.pdf

You will definately learn form this book as i did, one of the best and the most authentic book around when it comes to the prayer and closest to the Sunnah Inshaa Allah Ta'alaa.

Jezach Allah Khair Presious for posting this. We definitely need a copy in the library! It is a great reminder and a fantastic resource. Thank you and may Allah reward you.
Clare
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

=>

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum