sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A person neglecting his Salat shall remain in Hell for a period of one Huqb.

3 posters

Go down

A person neglecting his Salat shall remain in Hell for a period of one Huqb. Empty A person neglecting his Salat shall remain in Hell for a period of one Huqb.

Post by Admin Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:39 pm

The prophet (SAWS) is reported to have said,

“A person neglecting his Salat
(even though he makes it up later)
shall remain in Hell for a period of one Huqb.

A Huqb is equal to eighty years of three hundred and sixty five days each and a day in the Hereafter shall equal one thousand years of this world.”

It is said in hadith: “ Salat is the cause of Allah’s pleasure, is loved by Angels, cause the prayers to be granted, blesses the daily bread, is the root of Iman, refreshes the body, is an arm against the enemy, shall intercede for its adherent, is light in the darkness and companion in the loneliness of the grave, is a reply to the questioning of angels, is shade against the sun on the Day of Judgement, is a protection against the fire of Hell, is a weight for the scales of good deeds, is a means of swift crossing over Sirat and is a key to Paradise.”

It is reported in a hadith that ten persons will be specially tormented and one of them will be the person who neglects his Salat. It is said that his hands will be tied while Angels shall smite him on his face and back. Paradise will tell him, ‘In me there is no room for you and Hell will say to him, Come, come to me . You are for me and I am for you .

Naufil bin Mu’awiyah (ra) narrates that he heard the Prophet (saws) saying “ The likeness of a person who has missed one Salat is as the likeness of one who has lost all his family and wealth”

…Allah is free from any obligation to a person who knowingly neglects Salat…

To discard Salat is to be linked with Kufr
To discard Salat is to be linked with Kufr and Shirk
Discarding of Salat is the only partition between Iman and Kufr

… do not forego Salat intentionally lest you should get out of the fold of Islam…

Abu Qatadah narrates that he heard the Prophet (saws) saying “Allah has inspired me saying ‘O Muhammad! I have made a covenant with Myself that whosoever is regular in performing his Salat at its fixed hour, shall be admitted into the Paradise. Those of thy followers who do not guard their Salat are not included in this covenant.’”

Ibn Mas’ud (ra) narrates that he heard the Prophet (saws) saying”. At the approach of the hour of a Salat an Angel is deputed to proclaim, ‘Rise, O Children of Adam’ and extinguish the fire that you have (By committing sins), kindled to burn yourselves. So the people rise up, take their Wudu and offer the Zuhr. This causes forgiveness of their sins committed since the daybreak. The same is repeated at ‘Asr, Maghrib and Isha. After ’Isha people go to bed , but there are some who busy themselves in good and there are others who indulge in evil’”

Abu Muslim narrates: I went to see Abu Amamah(ra) while he was in Masjid. I asked him if he had really heard the Holy Prophet (saws) saying ’When a person performs Wudu with right performance and then says his (Fard) Salat, Allah forgives him all the sins committed that day by his feet in going towards evil, by his hands in doing evil, by his ears in listening to evil, by his eyes in looking at evil and by his heart in thinking of evil’ He replied, ‘By Allah I had been hearing these words from the Holy Prophet (saws) again and again.”
“Seek help in patience and Salat and truly it is hard, save for the humble minded.” (ii:45)

Abu Hurairah (ra) narrates that once the Prophet (saws) asked his companions ‘Do you believe that dirt can remain of a person bathing 5 times a day in a brook running in front of his door?’ ‘No’, replied the companions.’ No dirt can remain on his body.’ The prophet (saws) remarked: ’So, exactly similar is the effect of Salat offered 5 times a day. With the Grace of Allah, it washes away all the sins”

…Salat after Miswak is 70 times superior to Salat without miswak (which is a sunnah)

Abdullah ibn Mas’ud says: ‘Once I inquired of the Holy Prophet (saws) which act was the dearest to Allah. The Prophet replied, ’Salat’. I then inquired which act came next (in order of merit) and the Prophet replied, ‘Kindness to parents.' I again asked what was next and he answered ‘Jihad'.

The pillars of Islam hold a canopy. The central pillar is Kalimah. The other 4 hold the corners. Salah is next to Iman.

Abudhar (ra) narrates that once the Holy Prophet (saws) came out of his house. It was autumn and the leaves were falling off the trees. He caught hold of a branch of a tree and its leaves began to drop in large numbers. At this he remarked, ‘O Abudhar! When a Muslim offers his Salat to please Allah, his sins are shed away from him as these leaves are falling off this tree.”

…In Salat you stand before Allah, and he sees you, so worship him like you can see Him…

Ali (ra) reports that the Prophet (saws) once said, “Do not procrastinate in 3 things: Salat when its time has set in, burial when the bier is ready and marriage of a solitary woman when her match is found”

In a hadith, Allah bestows 3 favours on a person who guards his Salat, viz., His daily bread is made easy for him; he is saved form the punishments of grave; he shall receive his record in his right hand on the Day of Judgement; he shall cross the Sirat with the speed of lightning; and he shall enter Paradise without reckoning. As for him who neglects his Salat , he shall meet 5 types of punishment in this world, 3 at the time of death, 3 in the grave and 3 after resurrection.

• Those in this world are
1. he is not blessed in life
2. he is deprived of the light with which the faces of the righteous are endowed
3. he receives no rewards for his good practices
4. his prayers are not answered
5. he gets no share in the prayers of the pious

• Those at the time of death are
1. he dies disgracefully
2. he dies hungry
3. he dies in thirst which the water in the oceans of the world cannot quench

• Those in the grave are
1. hi is so much squeezed there that the ribs of his one side get into the ribs of the other side
2. fire is burnt inside for him and he is rolled on cinders day and night
3. a serpent with fiery eyes and iron nails equal in length to a month’s journey is let loose on him who shouts with a thundering voice, ‘My Lord has charged me with thrashing you till sunrise for neglecting fajr, till Asr for neglecting Zuhr, till sunset for neglecting Asr, till Isha for neglecting Maghrib and till dawn for neglecting Isha. The serpent will keep on thrashing him till the last Day. Each blow pushes him to the depth of seventy arms length.

• Those after resurrection are
1. His reckoning will be a hard one
2. Allah will be angry with him
3. And he will be thrown into the fire.
According to one report he will have these three lines inscribed on his forehead ‘O you who neglected Allah’s duty.’ ‘O you who has deserved Allah’s wrath’ ‘Now despair of Allah’s mercy as you neglected your duty to Allah’

Sorry I don't have the reference for this - I saved it to disk back in 2002
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 634
Comments : Where is Allah? Who was Muhammed? What is your book?

Back to top Go down

A person neglecting his Salat shall remain in Hell for a period of one Huqb. Empty Re: A person neglecting his Salat shall remain in Hell for a period of one Huqb.

Post by bulbul Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:13 pm

SubhanaAllah, really scary, made me rethink a lot... thanks

bulbul

Female Posts : 18
Comments : Assalaam Alaykum, I am a Lithuanian sister living in Athlone, want to meet some new sisters Smile

Back to top Go down

A person neglecting his Salat shall remain in Hell for a period of one Huqb. Empty Re: A person neglecting his Salat shall remain in Hell for a period of one Huqb.

Post by islamic Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 pm

wow im so scared now inshallah ill never miss my salah.

islamic

Female Posts : 48
Job/hobbies : being with my kids
Hajj : love to have a good laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 pm

asalam alaikom all

Yes it is scary isn't it? May Allah forgive us all our shortcomings and make us steadfast in prayer. Amin.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 634
Comments : Where is Allah? Who was Muhammed? What is your book?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down