sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How is your Ramadan going?

+2
Admin
muslimah-mom-friend
6 posters

Go down

How is your Ramadan going? Empty How is your Ramadan going?

Post by muslimah-mom-friend Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:50 pm

As-salaamu aleikum Dear Sisters,

Visiting the forum today, I see there's not been to much activity over the past couple of days. So, I'm thinking that maybe you are all like me: busy, busy, busy. There are loads of things I'd like to do and work on, and a lot of it is just not getting done, wa alhamdulillah. I had/have great intentions to make this an outstanding Ramadan, to kick start myself into action and get rid of some of the lazy habits that have crept into my life, but alas, my energy levels and the task of caring for my baby, as well as dh and the other children, mean I won't get as much done as I'd hoped.

Nonetheless, I am happy to be fasting. Happy to be focused around my home. Happy to be making good progress in reading through all of the Qur'an in Arabic this month. Happy to be praying Taraweeh in my home in the night. (Why in the world do I not do this more often throughout the year?!) I am working on all of those priorities, and the rest, well, will just have to wait.

How are you all doing my dear Sisters? Are you feeling that second wind of motivation to make this month truly special?

I love you all for the sake of Allah.

muslimah-mom-friend
muslimah-mom-friend
Gold Member

Female Posts : 229
Job/hobbies : English editing and tutoring, reading, cooking, crafts
Hajj : try to be loving and personable

Back to top Go down

How is your Ramadan going? Empty Re: How is your Ramadan going?

Post by Admin Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:06 am

Asalam alaikom sisters

Well MMF I too have been so exhausted I've just had to take a day off! Am looking forward to that second wind you mentioned. Hopefully everyone is getting as much as they can out of Ramadan. Alhamdililah this year due to the preparation we learned on this site, I have had the most productive Ramadan so far. Insha Allah will get back into everything now my "break" is over. It must be hard with a new baby. I hope the neighbours over there are helping you out as we wish we could do for you.

We are expecting our first Irish born S4S baby in December insha Allah, so keep your coppers ladies - we have a family to feed for a week!

Please everyone keep us all in your prayers. May Allah accept all our fasts and good deeds and may we meet in Jennah. Amin.
Carima
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 634
Comments : Where is Allah? Who was Muhammed? What is your book?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:06 am

P.S. MMF May the One for whose sake you love us love you.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dj_hyper1985 Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:02 am

may allah reward ye for all your hard work mmf and carima and all the other sisters mods, admins etc on here. eid ul fitr is around the corner... x

reply---inshallah u will do all the extras, yeah i work too i found it was easier this year aswell, inshallah all the sisters will do a lot more after ramadan like reading quaran etc,

Last edited by dj_hyper1985 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : instead of posting new posts and causing spam.)
dj_hyper1985
dj_hyper1985

Back to top Go down

Post by return2islam Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:10 am

Salam alaykoum wa ramatullah wa barakatu,

I hope everone is well in health and Iman inshallah. Alhamdulliah I'm not finding ramadan too hard. I work so it helps to distract me when I'm feeling the hunger pangs! I do feel that I have done more than what I did last year. Planning and setting some goals has deffinately help me achieve more. I even bought my Eid out fit a few weeks ago! I also find that I'm a lot more busier maybe thats because there is enought time for me to cook when I come home from work!

I just hope I will carry on with the routine after ramadan and make it a normal habit to do all the little extras.

May Allah bless us and accept our fasts and good deeds during Ramadan and always and make us the successful ones in the day of judgement. Ameen
return2islam
return2islam

Female Posts : 70
Comments : La illaha illallah
Job/hobbies : working
Hajj : no

Back to top Go down

Post by Clare Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:32 pm

dj_hyper1985 wrote:may allah reward ye for all your hard work mmf and carima and all the other sisters mods, admins etc on here. eid ul fitr is around the corner... x

return2islam wrote:Salam alaykoum...I do feel that I have done more than what I did last year. Planning and setting some goals has deffinately help me achieve more. I even bought my Eid out fit a few weeks ago! I also find that I'm a lot more busier maybe thats because there is enought time for me to cook when I come home from work!

I just hope I will carry on with the routine after ramadan and make it a normal habit to do all the little extras.

May Allah bless us and accept our fasts and good deeds during Ramadan and always and make us the successful ones in the day of judgement. Ameen

Glad to hear the site helped. It's nice to be appreciated. Please do whatever you can in terms of du'a and Sadaqah and posting to make this a vibrant community where there is always a shoulder to lean on when needed.

I too would like to take this opportunity to thank all the sisters involved. Members, Administrators, Moderators, Cooks, Rabbit minders, Taxi drivers, Nurses, the fone-2-fone section and the Face-2-Face. May Allah grant that this group gathers those who will most benefit from it and benefit most those who gather for it, whether it be on-line, by phone or in "Real Life". A special word of thanks to Snow, Presious, MMF, Jameela, Yasmin, Elena and Shahada - we couldn't have done it without you. If I've forgotten someone please forgive me.

Keep us in your du'a and don't forget to have your S4S jam or coffee jar on the windowsill for all your coppers and bring them to a Face-2-Face!

Love
Clare
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 625
Comments : CLEANING + TIDYING = HAPPY HUSBAND
=>
HUGS + ATTENTION = HAPPY WIFE
Job/hobbies : Arts and crafts
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Post by shahada Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:42 pm

salams

thanks claire
can you please tell me what is rabbit minders?
shahada
shahada

Female Posts : 366
Comments : islam is perfect,muslims are not
Job/hobbies : hw
Hajj : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Clare Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:37 am

Asalam alaikom sisters

Shahada are you still abroad or have you come home yet? I'm thinking you're still abroad!

While most of what we do is provide emotional and moral support for sisters, sometimes we have to do practical things as well. One of our members, her mother became very ill and she had to leave the country in a hurry to see her. She had a pet rabbit which had to be re-homed and items given as sadaqah and other items which have to be minded for her.

There was more fuss over that rabbit than if it had been a baby - driving some of us nearly distracted! Hurried late night phone calls were made to various sisters living in different parts of the city. The brothers were contacted at Taraweeh, the local Tesco staff were informed and numbers were passed to and fro. Anyway, alhamdililah, in the heel of the hunt we got the rabbit sorted! So that's the story of the rabbit minders.

Love
Clare
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 625
Comments : CLEANING + TIDYING = HAPPY HUSBAND
=>
HUGS + ATTENTION = HAPPY WIFE
Job/hobbies : Arts and crafts
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Post by shahada Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:08 pm

lol i thought it was code for something else
inshalah the sisters mothers health improved and my best wishes to you sister whoever you are inshalah allah is making it easy for you
shahada
shahada

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Asalam alaikom

The sister's mother is permanently brain-damaged due to a stroke and she needs minding.

Please everyone make du'a for this sister in this difficult time.

Carima
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shahada Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:34 pm

ahh miskina that is so hard
we have a relative in algeria in the same position and his wife has to do everything for him he cant even speak although i think he does understand what is going on but hes paralised
and they have 3 young children also ,its so sad for them all
inshalah make dua for him also
shahada
shahada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down