sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hijab fashion (see our facebook page)

Go down

Hijab fashion (see our facebook page) Empty Hijab fashion (see our facebook page)

Post by Admin Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Asalam alaikom

Question:

Some sisters are putting a big huge fabric flower on a clip in their hair on the back of the head under their hijab - it makes the hijab hang more elegantly but there are disputes as to if it is halal due to the hadith about the camel hump on the head. I thought that hadith referred to putting the hair up on top of the head not a clip on the back of the head. This is a really big flower. I know that wigs etc are not allowed because of deception. Would the same apply to this flower clip as deceiving people into thinking the sister has a lot of hair which she may not in fact have? Or is it private adornment which must be covered regardless of the shape it makes the cover?

You can see it here just in the hair then covered by the underscarf before applying the rest of the hijab
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ANSWER:

I don't see this as something a Muslim woman should wear outside the privacy of her home because it causes beautification and defines an attractive shape to her - as you mentioned it makes the hijab hang 'elegantly'. The hijab is not meant to be attractive or elegant, it is meant to hide the Muslimah. In the same way as colourful or decorative scarves go against the very purpose of the hijab, so too I fear does this form of shaping the head. It does not appear to me to be the same as the prohibition found in the hadith about the camel humps because that refers to bundling the hair on the top of the head or according to some scholars wearing turbans or wraps on top of the head so that it appears like a camels hump. Nevertheless, the very large flower you asked about goes against the hijab to the best of my knowledge.
Allah knows best.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 634
Comments : Where is Allah? Who was Muhammed? What is your book?

Back to top Go down