sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone having occasional trouble getting to the forum?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone having occasional trouble getting to the forum? Empty Anyone having occasional trouble getting to the forum?

Post by muslimah-mom-friend Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:09 am

As-salaamu aleikum Dear Sisters,

It happened to me again, twice now. When I've not visited the forum for a couple of weeks (both times been away from home, then busy upon return), my computer cannot even find the site, not in Firefox or Explorer browsers, as if the site does not exist or has been taken down and deleted. In Explorer, it says that the site must be having problems. But upon contacting a sister outside of the forum, she said it was working fine for her. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening to me when I try to visit the forum?
muslimah-mom-friend
muslimah-mom-friend
Gold Member

Female Posts : 229
Job/hobbies : English editing and tutoring, reading, cooking, crafts
Hajj : try to be loving and personable

Back to top Go down

Anyone having occasional trouble getting to the forum? Empty Re: Anyone having occasional trouble getting to the forum?

Post by muslimah-mom-friend Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It happened to me again for several days after, I posted the above.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Frustrating.
muslimah-mom-friend
muslimah-mom-friend
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Anyone having occasional trouble getting to the forum? Empty Re: Anyone having occasional trouble getting to the forum?

Post by dj_hyper1985 Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:07 am

Assalaam alaikum sister, i have this site in bookmarks and use it from there. can u tell what are u writing into explorer and then it gives this error and i can do same and explain the error for u then, walaikum salaam DJ
dj_hyper1985
dj_hyper1985

Back to top Go down

Post by muslimah-mom-friend Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:56 pm

I have it bookmarked too and just click on the bookmark. Most of the time that works fine, but then I have periods (days in a row) when it says 'site cannot be found or the site may be experiencing some problems' or something like that. I'll have to save the exact message if it comes up again. I've tried using different browsers, Firefox and IE, and get the same message. Then, I've contacted a sister here in the forum at her regular email and she told me she was able to get on the forum just fine.
muslimah-mom-friend
muslimah-mom-friend
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SAMIRA Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:17 pm

Salams,

I usually access the forum via my email account. i go to the last email notification i have and click on that to bring be here. hope this helps!! Smile
SAMIRA
SAMIRA

Female Posts : 82
Job/hobbies : book-keeper/payroll clerk. Love art/photography/crafts
Hajj : not yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:59 pm

Asalam alaikom sisters

MMF -sorry to hear of your problems logging on. One other sister reported problems too but that was last year. I'm sorry I don't know what the cause or the solution is. Maybe 'gremlins'! annoyed or frustrate

Insha Allah you will keep your sabr and come back at another time to catch up with everybody.

Carima
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 634
Comments : Where is Allah? Who was Muhammed? What is your book?

Back to top Go down

Post by dj_hyper1985 Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:04 pm

assalaam alaikum

the error you have been getting is in relation to your internet settings on your pc/laptop, have u chnaged them lately or if u installed something or updated some programs/files aswell then this would cause this error.

if u have anti virus, this sometimes block a site even though u may have been using the site years or months or days, because there was germs on the links to it. this is not ur fault though..
dj_hyper1985
dj_hyper1985

Back to top Go down

Post by muslimah-mom-friend Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Wa aleikum as-salaam,

Whatever the problem is, so far, it has fixed itself over time. Any suggestions about how I can avoid the problem in the future??
muslimah-mom-friend
muslimah-mom-friend
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dj_hyper1985 Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:06 pm

u have to change the cookie settings on ur pc, but i recommend u dont do that, ur computer automatically detects these issues and needs to block them so its for ur benefit.. sometimes it will happen and sometimes it wont depening on the connection that is sending to the link to open.. Smile
dj_hyper1985
dj_hyper1985

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum