sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing to Greet Ramadhan

2 posters

Go down

Preparing to Greet Ramadhan Empty Preparing to Greet Ramadhan

Post by muslimah-mom-friend Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Alhumdulillahi wahdahu wa salatu wa assalam ala min la nabi ba'adahu nabeeyoona Muhammed wa ala Aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een.

We can see that most of the people have started to move now and prepare for this glorious month of Ramadan by purchasing all kinds of food and drink and there are those who are preparing themselves to spend this glorious month in activities that will benefit them.

You'll find some of them greeting Ramadan by looking forward to the new soap operas and game shows that the enemies of Islam have made especially for this month to entice their viewers to sit in front of the TV for the whole month from morning to night.

Some of them you find staying up late at night, visiting or shopping and some sitting at recreation places playing pool or just sitting around drinking coffee, laughing and joking.

The successful ones whom Allah wants only the best, and wants to light their paths with the truth and teach them right from wrong, greet Ramadan with happiness and glad-tidings because they see it as a chance to achieve and succeed. They see it as a chance to be forgiven for their past sins because this is the month of forgiveness and mercy in which Allah will save his slaves from the Hell-fire. The Prophet used to give the good news to his companions when Ramadan approached:

"Ramadhan has arrived and you are obligated to fast by the order of Allah. The gates of Paradise are open, the gates of Hell are locked and the rebellious Shayateen are chained. And in it there is a night better than a thousand months and whoever deprives himself of the blessings has been deprived." (An-nisa'I, Al-Albani)

From this we are reminded of the fruits of Ramadan and the chance to be forgiven and saved from the Hell-fire so that we won't feel regret Yawm Al-qiyyama and say "…My Lord, send me back so that I may do good in that which I have left behind" Al-Muminoon 99-100 And he will feel a huge regret for what has past.

For this reason the successful ones will race with each other to greet Ramadan by doing the following:

1) Repentance

Repentance is obligatory at all times and at any time but especially required during the month of Ramadan and if someone doesn't rush to repent during this glorious month, when will he? Allah says:

"And all of you beg Allah to forgive you, O believers, that you may be successful." Al-Noor 31

So my dear sisters, when are we going to repent and what are we waiting for? The month of Ramadan is here and it's the perfect chance to do it and start a new page of our life. Who knows when we will have this chance again and if we will live to see another Ramadan. You are now pleasing your Lord by fasting because this fasting is only for Him, so please Him and repent from your previous sins before you meet the Angel of Death and you are in the same situation as you were yesterday, ignorant and rebellious.

Allah forgives all sins and he stretches out his hand day and night and is pleased with anyone who repents and for that reason Allah has given the repenter a special gate before Maghrib, whose width is 40 years, which doesn't close until the sun rises from the West. Where are the repenters who want to return to their Lord?

2) Greet Ramadan with Sincere Intentions in All Deeds

My dear sisters, let me ask you, if you aren't going to do something with sincere intentions for the sake of Allah, then why do it? Why tire yourself? Your deeds won't be accepted without sincerity. Allah says:

"Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it, in order that We may test them (mankind) as to which of them are best in deeds. [i.e. those who do good deeds in the most perfect manner, that means to do them (deeds) totally for Allah's sake and in accordance to the legal ways of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم]." Al Kahf 7

Fasting is one of the greatest forms of worship that can train a person in sincerity because fasting is for Allah's sake only and no one knows if you are truly fasting except Him, especially in Ramadan. If someone wanted to break his fast in secret, no one would know except Allah. He will lose the greatest chance to get close to his lord and please him.

That's why Allah chose fasting for himself and He says in Hadith Qudsi:

"…except for fasting which is only for my sake, and I will reward him for it."

3) Following the Sunnah of the Prophet

This is very important because your deeds won't be accepted unless they meet these two criteria, that it's done sincerely and solely for the sake of Allah and that it's following the Sunnah of the Prophet. Allah says:

"So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord." Al-Kahf 110

Our Prophet taught us every aspect and ruling of fasting in his Sunnah. He taught us when and how to fast, when and how to break our fasts, what to obligatory acts are, what the benefits and wisdom behind fasting are, what breaks our fasts, who can break their fasts and every other ruling related to fasting.

4) Greet Ramadan with Patience

Ramadan is the month of patience when a person gives up his normal eating, drinking and desires that would normally break a fast for the sake of Allah and to get closer to him.

Patience is a very difficult thing and for that reason patience is half of faith and it's reward is a great reward as Allah says:

"Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning" Al-Zumar 10

Patience is divided into three parts:

1. patience in worship until it is performed correctly,

2. patience in staying away from sin and not returning to it, and

3. patience during trials without complaining to your Lord.

Reasons for being patient:

1. love for Allah

2. fear of Allah

3. honoring yourself

4. hope

5. shyness from Allah

6. the knowledge the slave has of his sin and having regret for it and disgust

7. having knowledge of the punishment of that sin and the traces it leaves behind

8. the strength of Emaan in his heart

These are some of the reasons that if the slave is patient and understands the great reward awaiting him he can be patient and persevere and discontinue any sin for the sake of Allah.

5) Greeting Ramadan by Not Wasting Time

Time is running and it can't be brought back until the Day of Judgment for that reason we will either be successful or losers. Some of the things we should strive to do in Ramadan:

1. Fasting

2. Praying at night

3. Reading Quran

4. Feeding the fasting

5. Umra

6. Al-'Itikaf

7. Searching for Laylut al Qadr

6) Greet Ramadan with mercy towards others, forgiveness of them and the best manners.

We ask Allah to accept our fasting, good deeds and prayers during this blessed month and to make us of His successful slaves.
muslimah-mom-friend
muslimah-mom-friend
Gold Member

Female Posts : 229
Job/hobbies : English editing and tutoring, reading, cooking, crafts
Hajj : try to be loving and personable

Back to top Go down

Preparing to Greet Ramadhan Empty Re: Preparing to Greet Ramadhan

Post by Clare Wed May 02, 2012 10:46 pm

muslimah-mom-friend wrote:

The successful ones whom Allah wants only the best, and wants to light their paths with the truth and teach them right from wrong, greet Ramadan with happiness and glad-tidings because they see it as a chance to achieve and succeed. They see it as a chance to be forgiven for their past sins because this is the month of forgiveness and mercy in which Allah will save his slaves from the Hell-fire. The Prophet used to give the good news to his companions when Ramadan approached:

"Ramadhan has arrived and you are obligated to fast by the order of Allah. The gates of Paradise are open, the gates of Hell are locked and the rebellious Shayateen are chained. And in it there is a night better than a thousand months and whoever deprives himself of the blessings has been deprived." (An-nisa'I, Al-Albani)

From this we are reminded of the fruits of Ramadan and the chance to be forgiven and saved from the Hell-fire so that we won't feel regret Yawm Al-qiyyama and say "…My Lord, send me back so that I may do good in that which I have left behind" Al-Muminoon 99-100 And he will feel a huge regret for what has past.
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 625
Comments : CLEANING + TIDYING = HAPPY HUSBAND
=>
HUGS + ATTENTION = HAPPY WIFE
Job/hobbies : Arts and crafts
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down