sisters-4-sisters (Islam in Ireland)
Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Asalam alaikom

Please login to get to the "members-only" sections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sunan (Recommended Acts) of Fasting

2 posters

Go down

The Sunan (Recommended Acts) of Fasting Empty The Sunan (Recommended Acts) of Fasting

Post by Admin Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:16 pm

They are as follows:
1. Hastening the breaking of the fast:
This is breaking the fast (Al-Iftar)
immediately after it is confirmed that the sun has set. This is due to the Prophet’s statement:

“The people will remain upon goodness as long as they hasten in breaking the fast.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

And the statement of Anas, may Allah be pleased with him:

“Verily the Prophet did not used to pray Al-Maghrib (the prayer after sunset) until he broke his fast (first), even if it was with a drink of water.” (Ar-Tirmidhi, and he said it is Hasan)

2. Breaking the fast with fresh dates, dried dates or water:
The best of these three things is the first of them (fresh dates), and the last of them (water) is the least preferred of them. It is also recommended to break the fast with an odd number – three, five, or seven (of whatever is being eaten). This is due to the statement of Anas bin Malik:

“The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu’alayhi’wa’sallam) used to break his fast with fresh dates before praying (i.e. the Maghrib prayer). If there were no fresh dates, he would break his fast with dry dates. If there were no dry dates he would take some sips of water.” (At-Tabarani)

3. Supplicating when breaking the fast:
As the Prophet sallallaahu’alayhi’wa’sallam) used to say when breaking his fast:
Allaahumma laka sumnaa wa ‘alaa rizqika aftarnaa, fataqabbal minnaa innaka Antas-Samee’ul Aleem.

“O Allah! We have fasted for You, and upon Your provisions we have broken our fast. So accept it from us. Verily, You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.” (Abu Dawud)

Ibn Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, used to say:
Allaahumma innee asa’luka birahmatik, allatee wasi’at kulla shay’in, an taghfirlee thunoobi

“O Allah! Verily, I ask You by Your Mercy, which encompasses everything, that
You forgive my sins for me.” [Ibn Majah and it is Sahih]

4. As-Sahur (Pre-Dawn Breakfast):
This is eating and drinking during the last part of the night before dawn with the intention of fasting. This is due to the Prophet’s statement:

“Verily that which separates (i.e. distinguishes) between our fast and the fasting of the People of the Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) is the eating before dawn (Sahur).” (Muslim)
“Eat the meal of Sahur for verily in the Sahur there are blessings.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

5. Delaying Sahur until the very last part of the night:
This is due to the Prophet’s statement:

“My Ummah (nation of followers) will not cease being upon goodness as long as they hasten in breaking the fast and delay the Sahur (predawn meal).” (Ahmad and it is authentic). The time of Sahur begins from the last half of the night and it ends (a few)
minutes before Fajr (the first crack of dawn) comes in. This is due to the statement of Zayd ibn Thabit, may Allah be pleased with him:
“We used to take the Sahur meal with the Messenger of Allah .
Then he would stand and offer the prayer (Salat-ul-Fajr).” I (the
subnarrator) said, “How much time was between the Adhan (for Salatul-
Fajr) and the Sahur?” He (Zayd) said, “The amount (of time) for fifty
verses (of Qur’an to be recited).” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Note:
Whoever has doubt about the entry of Fajr (the crack of dawn), he may eat or drink
until he is certain that the time of Fajr has entered. Then he must abstain (from
eating and drinking). This Is due to Allah the Almighty’s statement:

And eat and drink until the white thread (of dawn) becomes apparent (clear) to
you from the black thread of Al-Fajr. (2:187)

It was said to Ibn ‘Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, “Verily, I eat the Sahur meal and then if I have doubt (about whether Fajr has entered or not), I abstain (from eating.” So he (Ibn ‘Abbas) said to the person, “Eat as long as you have doubt, until you do not have doubt.”

Taken from http://www.ilmpath.com/free/Ramadan-ebook.pdf
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 634
Comments : Where is Allah? Who was Muhammed? What is your book?

Back to top Go down

The Sunan (Recommended Acts) of Fasting Empty Re: The Sunan (Recommended Acts) of Fasting

Post by Clare Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Use the miswak this Ramadan

Sahih Al- Bukhari Hadith
Volume 2, Book 13, Number 12:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (sallalahu alayhi wa salam) said, "If I had not found it hard for my followers or the people, I would have ordered them to clean their teeth with Siwak for every prayer."
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 625
Comments : CLEANING + TIDYING = HAPPY HUSBAND
=>
HUGS + ATTENTION = HAPPY WIFE
Job/hobbies : Arts and crafts
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

The Sunan (Recommended Acts) of Fasting Empty Re: The Sunan (Recommended Acts) of Fasting

Post by Clare Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:39 am

Sahih Al - Bukhari Hadith
Volume 6, Book 60, Number 28:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Fasting was observed on the day of 'Ashura' (i.e. 10th of Muharram) by the people of the Pre-lslamic Period. But when (the order of compulsory fasting) in the month of Ramadan was revealed, the Prophet (sallalahu alayhi wa salam) said, "It is up to one to fast on it (i.e. day of 'Ashura') or not."
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

=>
Hajj : Did it when I was about 5 years muslim. I found the constant moving around form one place to another to be very unsettling. But alhamdililah I got to touch the Qaba. Medina was wonderful. The trips between Safa and Marwa most enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clare Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:06 am

Volume 7, Book 65, Number 343:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

I used to accompany Allah's Apostle (sallalahu alayhi wa salam) to fill my stomach; and that was when I did not eat baked bread, nor wear silk. Neither a male nor a female slave used to serve me, and I used to bind stones over my belly and ask somebody to recite a Quranic Verse for me though I knew it, so that he might take me to his house and feed me. Ja'far bin Abi Talib was very kind to the poor, and he used to take us and feed us with what ever was available in his house, (and if nothing was available), he used to give us the empty (honey or butter) skin which we would tear and lick whatever was in it.
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

=>

Back to top Go down

Post by Clare Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:40 am

Volume 7, Book 65, Number 343:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

I used to accompany Allah's Apostle (sallalahu alayhi wa salam) to fill my stomach; and that was when I did not eat baked bread, nor wear silk. Neither a male nor a female slave used to serve me, and I used to bind stones over my belly and ask somebody to recite a Quranic Verse for me though I knew it, so that he might take me to his house and feed me. Ja'far bin Abi Talib was very kind to the poor, and he used to take us and feed us with what ever was available in his house, (and if nothing was available), he used to give us the empty (honey or butter) skin which we would tear and lick whatever was in it.

_________

Volume 7, Book 65, Number 357:
Narrated Jabala bin Suhaim.

At the time of Ibn Az-Zubair, we were struck with famine, and he provided us with dates for our food. 'Abdullah bin 'Umar used to pass by us while we were eating, and say, "Do not eat two dates together at a time, for the Prophet (sallalahu alayhi wa salam) forbade the taking of two dates together at a time (in a gathering)." Ibn 'Umar used to add, "Unless one takes the permission of one's companions."

_________

Volume 7, Book 65, Number 369:
Narrated Abu Umama:

Whenever the Prophet (sallalahu alayhi wa salam) finished his meals (or when his dining sheet was taken away), he used to say. "Praise be to Allah Who has satisfied our needs and quenched our thirst. Your favor cannot by compensated or denied." Once he said, upraise be to You, O our Lord! Your favor cannot be compensated, nor can be left, nor can be dispensed with, O our Lord!"
Clare
Clare
Admin
Admin

=>

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down